I love eating healthy, clean, whole, real foods and I love all of their amazing flavors. However, at times, I find myself stuck in a cycle of preparing these foods in the same way. Thus, I risk getting bored eating them. What happens when you get tired of eating healthy foods? You stop eating them. (NO!!!) Therefore, to keep me interested in consuming these spectacular foods, I scour the Internet looking for healthy food blogs, websites, or articles that offer new and exciting ways to prepare these foods.
Based on my endless hours of research, I have narrowed down the following as my top 10 favorite healthy food recipe sites.
1. TheDomesticMan.com This site offers gluten-free and Paleo-friendly recipes that are posted every Tuesday. The recipes focus on classic, traditional, and international dishes from a historical, linguistic, and cultural perspective. LOVE THAT!
Recipes I have tried and loved - Mofongo (minus the pork rinds and bacon). I am Puerto Rican, and mofongo is a must in my house. However, traditional mofongo recipes include ingredients that are not-so-healthy. So, finding a healthier way to prepare mofongo is a huge win-win for me.
2. Inspiralized.com Inspiralized is the ultimate resource for cooking healthfully and creatively with the spiralizer, a kitchen tool that turns vegetables and fruits into noodles. Turning vegetables into noodles can be an excellent way to reduce the use of pasta in your recipes. Because, as we all know, pasta is loaded with carbs and can cause you to gain weight.
Recipes I have tried and loved - Avocado Basil Pesto Zucchini Noodles. I love anything avocado, and when it is combined with basil, wow, so good. This dish was also so easy to prepare.
3. MyNewRoots.org This blog offers lots of brilliant, plant-based recipes. What I especially love are the images. The pictures make the recipes truly inviting.
Recipes I have tried and loved - A Winter Weekend Cleanse. Because, after any harsh winter, loaded with lots of comfort food eating, a winter cleanse is key.
4. GreenKitchenStories.com Love that this site provides simple vegetarian food recipes with natural ingredients, whole grains, healthy fats, fruit, and vegetables.
Recipes I have tried and loved - Fresh Summer Rolls. It's so easy to prepare these rolls! As a matter of fact, this recipe was so easy, that even my kiddies contributed to making them and eating them! There is nothing better than watching your kiddies enjoy eating healthy foods.
5. RunningOnRealFood.com Okay, anyone who knows me personally, knows I am a REAL FOOD lover. So, when I stumbled onto this page, I quickly put it on my top real food recipe favorite list. Plus, this site provides more than just real food recipes. On this site, you will find workouts, wellness tips, and more to inspire a life in healthy balance.
Recipes I have tried and loved - Healthy Vegetable Chowder. OMG, this recipe is a definite must try! The combination of thyme and sage make this chowder incredibly tasty. Plus, this chowder is incredibly filling.
6. NomNomPaleo.com Nom Nom Paleo offers tons of real food tasty recipes, plus, the images of each recipe are incredible! Each recipe comes with step-by-step, how-to images, which makes it so easy to prepare each dish. In addition, the owner of this site offers a whole world surrounding her recipes. She offers Facebook live events, podcast, and an iPhone app.
Recipes I have tried and loved - The Paleo Kitchen Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs. Yum! I've made this recipe several times and it is always a big hit with the family. The raw organic honey gives a
7. FitFoodieFinds.com From snacks (high-protein mint chip energy balls, anyone?) to one-pot meals (Crock-Pot chicken quinoa enchilada soup, please!), this blog has our food cravings covered.
Recipes I have tried and loved - Lemon Butter Seared Salmon. Fast, easy, and super tasty. Enough said.
8. LexisCleanKitchen.com You can expect to find recipes that are gluten-free, mostly dairy-free, paleo-friendly, refined sugar-free, and soy-free. In addition, some are vegan and vegetarian as well. Many take under 30-minutes to make, and all use simple ingredients that you are likely to already have in your home. Recipes are labeled with easy-to-navigate food labels at the top of each page for your convenience.
Recipes I have tried and loved - Eggplant Meatballs. I made this for a friend once and she had no idea that there was no meat in the meatballs. And after she had her first bite, she didn't care. Love these meatballs!
9. LoveandLemons.com Another great site offering a beautiful assortment of real food recipes. Here, you will find lots of tasty recipes for seasonal food that’s very often finished with a squeeze of lemon.
Recipes I have tried and loved - Chickpea Salad Wraps w/Avocado. I dare you to make this for a group of friends. They will be blown away by the flavor. The dill and avocado blend was out of this world.
10. PinchofYum.com I love this site's title, Pinch of Yum! That's exactly what you will find here; simple pinches of yummy real food recipes, and lots of bowl combinations. I love bowl meals!
Recipes I have tried and loved - Creamy Cauliflower Garlic Rice. I love mash potatoes, however, whenever I ate them, I found myself overeating them and feeling uncomfortably bloated. Lucky me, when I decided to make this recipe because believe it or not, this tastes just like garlic mashed potatoes and yeah - yum!