What are my ten favorite weight loss foods?
Quick and simple, here are my top ten favorite foods to eat for weight loss.
1. Leafy Greens – The verdict is in; leafy greens are fantastic for helping you lose weight. These foods are loaded with an incredible amount of nutrients that help facilitate weight loss. One nutrient, in particular, is fiber. Fiber helps eliminate spikes in your blood sugar, and therefore, you will be able to control of when, how and what you eat.
2. Chicken – Chicken is a wonderful source of complete protein. Protein requires more energy to digest and thus, you burn calories while digesting. You can burn up to 20 to 30 calories for every 100 calories of protein you eat.
3. Water – Water is a critical nutrient for your health. Water is necessary for balancing all of your bodily systems. When all these systems, lungs, digestive, the heart are all in the balance, your body responds better to your weight loss efforts. For instance, water promotes an efficient digestion response by helping the body with nutrient transport and waste excretion. When your digestive system is working efficiently, it is easier for you to lose weight.
4. Avocados - Avocados are an outstanding food choice for weight loss. Avocados contain monounsaturated fat (good fat), which makes them super heart-healthy and a useful source of energy. The healthy fat helps to squash hunger a lot faster.
5. Berries – Berries such as blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries have an incredible amount of nutrients. Additionally, berries are a beautiful choice when you are craving something sweet. They will provide you with fiber and won't raise your blood sugar levels as much. Keep in mind, when you have consistently elevated blood sugar levels, you are more prone to gaining weight. This is because elevated blood sugar levels cause uncontrollable eating habits.
6. Nuts - Nuts have it all. They have protein, fiber, and healthy fat. All three of these will help with managing your appetite for a longer amount of time.
7. Eggs - What I love so much about eggs is that they contain Vitamin D. A single egg has up to 25 IU of vitamin D. Vitamin D helps build bone, fight cancer, ward off infections and improve your immune system. Oh and guess what, vitamin D improves your serotonin levels. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that promotes that feel good sensation. When you feel good, you are much more motivated to improve yourself.
8. Cinnamon – Cinnamon can slow down the process of food moving through and into your stomach. This process aids in helping you eat less. Cinnamon also calms sugar cravings.
9. Bone Broth – Bone broth contains an abundance of vitamins, minerals and a good amount of healing benefits. A short list of its healing benefits includes healing the gut, improving digestion, reducing joint pain and fighting inflammation. Healing the body is essential for the body to shed unwanted pounds.
10. Cilantro - Cilantro herb occupies good amounts of antioxidants, essential oils, vitamins, and dietary fiber, which may help reduce LDL or "bad cholesterol" levels in the blood. Cilantro may also regulate elimination to help prevent constipation, a condition that contributes to digestive problems and weight gain.