Ok...let's get you started on your weight loss journey! And to get you going here is a list of Simple Habits to help you start losing weight TODAY!
1. Plan your meals. This is truly the number 1 thing you can do to lose weight. Planning your meals will help reduce the risk of eating foods that will cause you to gain weight. This habit also helps with keeping you on track with your healthy eating goals. The key, of course, is sticking to the meal plan — don’t let yourself deviate.
2. Plan healthy snacks. Just as you plan your meals, you should plan your snacks. Instead of just snacking on whatever’s available, or rushing to a vending machine or convenience store when you get really hungry, you should plan to have healthy snacks in between meals. Fruit, veggies, nuts and similar snacks are all great choices.
3. Eat slowly. It takes approximately 20 mins for our brains to get the message that we’re full. So if you eat fast, you will eat past fullness.
4. Think long term. You won’t lose weight overnight. What you want is gradual weight loss. A pound a week is a good rate. If you lose weight too fast then you will find that you will either plateau or find it too hard to sustain those habits that caused your rapid weight loss. So, take your time. Be patient with your body.
5. Stop drinking calories. Calories in soda, coffee, tea, alcohol, juice and other beverages are very deceitful because you don’t realize how much they contribute to weight gain. Juice, for example, seems healthy, but when you drink fruit juice rather than eat the whole fruit, you are getting none of the fiber. Fiber is critical for helping you feel full and full longer.
6. Learn all about weight loss. The more you understand, the more you will be able to figure out what habits will help you lose weight. Also, when you engage in learning all about something you are passionate in achieving, you create razor sharp focus and thus, increase the amount of motivation necessary to attain your goal.
7. Exercise for just 15 minutes. Exercise doesn't have to start with taking an exhausting Bootcamp class or spending hours at the gym. A simple walk for 15 mins a day can be enough to kick start your exercise endurance level and help you to lose weight. And even better, exercise makes you feel good, and when you feel good, you are motivated to look fabulous.
8. Stay focus on the moment. As you start to create healthy habits that will help you lose weight, it will first feel extremely uncomfortable. Fear over whether or not you will be able to make keep up with these habits for the long haul will rise to the top. However, do not allow yourself to fall victim to that fear. Do your best to stay focused on what you are experiencing at the current moment. Because the present moment is the only thing that matters and the only moment you have control over. As you move further, you will find that the uncomfortable feelings will disappear and you will have integrated those healthy habits into your lifestyle.